Frequently Asked Questions - Heartland Park Topeka
- Can spectators bring in food, beverage, or coolers?
- Do we have handicap parking and are we handicap accessible?
- Do we rent golf carts?
- Do we have a First Aid Station?
- Is there a Lost and Found?
- Do you charge for parking?
- Can we park our Motorhome in the spectator parking lot?
- Do we sell alcohol?
- Where are press credentials to be picked up?
- If parents have a ticket for the suites, can they bring their children without a ticket?
- Do we have an ATM machine?
- What hours will the campground be open?
- Are there hook ups in the campground?
- When can racers park in their pit area?
- Can racers park their motorhomes in the pit area?
- When can racers tech-in and where?
- Can video recorders and cameras be brought in?
- Are there individual daily tickets for the Super Suites?
- Are pets allowed?
- What about oversized vehicles?
- Do we have food coupons?
- What if we get rained out? or what happens if it rains?
- How much does food cost?
Yes, handicap parking is located in the main spectator parking lot. A person must have a handicap tag or hang down tag to park there. There are signs directing spectators where certain parking areas are located. (Refer to your facility map for locations). We have handicap seating on the spectator and the pit side. Both pit and spectator sides are wheelchair accessible. Also, we have golf carts for handicap assistance. They will transport spectators from inside the spectator gate to other locations inside the facility.
No, there will be no rental carts available at the track. Spectators are not allowed to use wheeled vehicles (i.e. golf carts, mopeds, four wheelers, skateboards, bicycles, etc.) inside the facility. Motorized wheelchairs are acceptable for spectators. Racers or participants are allowed motorized vehicles in the pit area only and they must be registered with the NHRA.
We do charge $10 for general parking and $15 for preferred parking during the NHRA Summer Nationals. We also charge $10 for general parking for all other events at the drag strip. There is no charge for parking for dirt track events.
The campground parking lots will open on the Thursday before the NHRA Summer Nationals at 9:00 am for campers to come in. All four (4) camping lots will be open 24 hours a day. A 24 hour security guard will be working the camping lot entrances during the NHRA Summer Nationals, so you may enter at anytime.
If the motorhome is their tow vehicle and they want to park by their race trailer there will be a designated pit area for this. It will include race trailers that are set up to sleep in. This will not apply to Pro drivers they will be in the Pro pit area.
If the event is rescheduled, all tickets will be honored on the rescheduled date. All customers should hold onto their ticket or ticket stub and they will be advised as to what can be done. The schedule of the event is subject to change. No refunds or vouchers for future events will be given. Alcohol cannot be taken into the pit area. There are signs and personnel to indicate the area that alcohol may not be carried into.
Sample of concession items at HPT events:
|Soda & water 20 oz. Bottle||$2.00|
|Beer 16 oz cans||$4.00|
|and much more!|