Street Legal - Test-N-Tune
Here's your chance to drag race down one of the fastest tracks in America! Not a professional racer? No problem! All legal drivers can participate in the Street Legal Drags at Heartland Park Topeka. So, whether you're a high schooler or a mom with kids, our Street Legal progam is easy to get involved with, easy to understand and the most thrilling time you will have on a race track!
Anyone with a street legal car, a valid license, and proof of registration and insurance can race in our safe, controlled environment on the track.
Street Legal Style: What to expect
When you get to an NHRA Member Track for an NHRA Drags Street Legal Style presented by AAA event, you’ll pay your entry fee and get a tech card. Fill out your information on the tech card and proceed to the tech area to submit your car for safety inspection. The tech staff and track officials will inspect your car to make sure you meet the racing safety requirements. Some of the safety requirements include:
- Seat Belts
- Working headlights and taillights
- Safe, DOT-Approved tires
- Secured Battery
- Must be wearing long pants (no nylon), sleeved shirt, closed-toe shoes and socks when making your run.
- Helmets and additional safety equipment may be required.
Contact your local track for specifics; they are more than willing to help you determine if your vehicle meets the requirements.
What do I need to participate?*
Check with your local NHRA member track for its requirements, but generally, you can expect to be expected to provide proof of the following:
- A valid driver's license
- Valid vehicle registration and insurance
- DOT-approved street legal tires
- Seat belts
- If using nitrous, nitrous-oxide bottles must be stamped as meeting DOT 1,800-pound standards *Requirements may vary
What to expect at the track Step-by-Step
- Entry: When you enter the track, you'll receive a tech card after paying your entry/participation fee.
- Tech: After completing your tech card, you'll drive your vehicle to tech, where a simple safety inspection will be performed on your car.
- Registration: You'll then check in at racer registration, where you'll sign a release form and show your valid driver's license.
- Staging lanes: Once you're registered, drive to the rear of the staging lanes and get ready to race. See tips on Staging your vehicle.
- Race: When it's time for you to race, an official will motion to you. Do a burnout if you'd like, or drive around the water box and get ready to stage. When both cars are ready, you'll stage using the Christmas Tree. At the end of your run, slow down and exit properly.
- Timing booth: After your run, you'll pick up your time slip at the timing booth to see how your vehicle performed. Then return to the pits to get ready for more runs.
Street Legal/TNT Entry Prices
Military spectators 50% w/ Military I.D.